Business Strategy Formulation in a Large Banking Group
Small-medium bank belonging to one of the largest banking groups in Israel which addresses mainly to private clients from a defined section of the public sector.
The sector in which the bank is interested in is a very popular sector in the Israeli banking system. In order to maintain the growth of the bank while maintaining profitability, the bank wanted to delineate a multi-year strategy to its target audience while exploring options for further expansion.
- Delineate a strategy for the coming years for its main sector
- Identifying additional growth engines for the coming years
- Formulation and implementation of a strategy that will maximize profits and will achieve growth according to the group strategy
- The Bank's current branding created a lack of identity to potential customers who are not part of the current target segment and limited the ability to grow and reach new target audiences
- Growth potential among existing target audience is very limited and the tough competition over it makes it harder to create higher profit
How Tefen Helped
- Stage A – Thorough analysis of the bank and its business environment:
- Interviews with relevant functions - Bank and Group management members, branches staff and relevant headquarters functions
- Information systems data collection and analysis
- Thorough study of the target audience and potential target markets - size, bank characteristics, socio – demographic characteristics, and more
- Comparative analysis of financial data and qualitative parameters against other banks in Israel
- Benchmark analysis of Israeli and international banks working with the target audience
- Examination Positioning and concepts of the Bank in a comprehensive survey
- Stage B - recommendations consolidation and principle implementation plan:
- consolidation of alternatives and examination of economic potential and applicability of each alternative, based on Stage A
- Analysis of the influence of alternatives on the brand
- Alternatives ranking and recommendations on a selected alternative
- Project output included:
- Recommendation on new target markets
- Definition of effects on the brand
- Road Map implementation plan for coming years
- Profit and loss report + market share forecast for 5 year
- At the end of the first year of the strategy implementation:
- Focus on defined target markets led to increased recruitment of these populations
- Brand adjustments that were made for a specific target audience helped in extensive recruit of these customers
- Preserving customer profitability while incensement in recruitment at the Bank, led to better financial results.
For further information on alternative banking channels - click here.
About Tefen Strategy
Throughout years of experience, we've supported companies in dozens of strategic activities in order to achieve superior value.
The unique engagement with our clients, as well as sound expertise in large span of strategy practiced has led our clients to successfully manage strategic challenges and to achieve sustained growth. In each project, we create value to our customers by combining our experience, market expertise, and our unique "fresh thinking" approach.
Among our clients are large size enterprises as well as midsized companies, in varied industries such as finance, FMCG, Retail, industry and the public sector (government and ministry offices)